Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yesterday and Today

So yesterday was the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton (now Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge). I'm not going to give you the whole details because you might probably seen it or don't want to read or hear about it anymore because everyone has been talking about it. I'm just gonna write a short entry about what I think about it.... most of it is about how beautiful their dresses are.
I've been waiting to see Prince William get married since I was a kid and I used to dream that maybe if I won't get to marry him I would be eventually be invited (yes I have high dreams). The wedding is very beautiful and very romantic. It's like watching a fairytale wedding (which people are thinking it is). I love the formality and informality of it all. It's not that awkward like Princess Di's wedding to Prince Charles is (somewhat). I do love Kate's wedding dress... it's a perfect dress for her.
Prince Harry was charming as Will's best man and Kate's sister, Pippa, is very beautiful and her dress looks amazing on her. What I don't like about the wedding is those guests with crazy shit hats. Ugh... are those fashionable for you? It's like you're wanting some attention. Just saying.
Okay I'm done about my feelings for the wedding. I'm happy for the couple. I hope they will end up very happy.

I have seen the Prince get married, my life is complete.



Today I watched West Side Story... I actually didn't know what it was about 'til the I was already in the first 30 minutes of the movie. I was like "Ahhh so it's like a Romeo and Juliet". I'm sorry I didn't really know. I didn't bothered searching about it until I was already watching it. The movie was very nice. I just don't like the love at first sight kind of things. The songs are very nice. There are songs that I already heard but I actually didn't know that it was from that musical like "Maria", "America" and "Somewhere".
The ending was more tragic than Romeo and Juliet and I like it better than Romeo and Juliet. Maria is not like Juliet at all. Juliet is this selfish, romantic, weak girl where as Maria is very strong and has a mind of her own. I was so glad that she didn't killed herself like Juliet did.



One more month and I'm going to college. Hello, De La Salle University, my name is Janine!
Just learned what my block is and there's a group in FB that lets you know who your blockmates are by liking this and that. Good thing I know someone from my block. THANK GOD! I'M GONNA STUDY LITERATURE!!

I'm actually nervous and kinda excited to go to college. Nervous about the part that I don't know most of the people and I've been raised in an all girls school and at DLSU it's co-ed (well duh...), I'm also nervous about the part that I have to stay in a dorm this year because DLSU is very far from where I live.

I would be attending school late because the start of school is May 25 and at that time I'm still in the states for my sister's graduation. I'll be missing first week of school and I'm scared of what will happened to me if I do miss important stuffs.

What I'm aiming for is to be a dean's lister and be able to study abroad in my 3rd year. I heard they offer things like that in DLSU and I'm pretty thrilled about that.

I should study hard and probably build up my vocabulary because it sucks.


Anyway. I'm very bored and lonely here. I don't have anyone to talk to and I can't wait to go to the states to see my sister. I'm longing for someone to talk to even if it's just random stuff. Wish me luck for college. I can't wait. BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment