Friday, April 22, 2011

Thoughts after reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT YET PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS POST. THIS IS NOT JUST AB REVIEW POST, IT IS SEMI-RANT POST. THIS CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS AND MY THOUGHTS ON THE EVENTS THAT HAPPENED IN THE 3RD INSTALLMENT OF THE HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY.


I WARNED YOU


YOU CAN’T JUST KILL THOSE CHARACTERS!!! YOU’RE NOT JK ROWLING. SHE HAS MORE CHARACTERS FOR US TO HANG ON TO BUT YOU ONLY HAVE A FEW CHARACTERS THAT GREW ON US. WHY KILL THEM?! WHY?! WHY?! YOU MAKE THEM HAPPY THEN YOU KILL THEM?! (talking about ANNIE AND FINNICK) THAT’S JUST CRUEL!!! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Okay. I need to get back to reality. Should probably read another book so that I would stop thinking how sad the ending was.

I was actually referring to Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins which I just finished reading


I actually okay with Josh Hutcherson as Peeta but Liam whatever from the Last Song is so not a Gale.
Thoughts on other characters:
Well there are only two characters who had real actors playing on my head while I read the series and that is Joanna and President Coin.
I like Joanna to be played by Natalie Portman I don't know why but I just think she can play the role and as for Coin I like her to be played by Judi Dench, she's the kind of actress who can play such superior characters like Coin.
It's my opinion anyway.

I'm currently reading the latest Shopaholic book just too get over the depressing ending of Mockingjay. It's really depressing. No matter who she ends up (Peeta or Gale) she will never be the same again and the only reason why she wanted to survive the Hunger Games (Prim) is gone and that's kinda depressing. Also the fact that Suzanne Collins made a few pages of happy moments for Finnick and Annie and decided to kill Finnick at the end killed me. There are also cliffhangers for me like: What happened to the others? Was it really Coin who sent those silver parachutes? What happened to Gale? All we know is that he had a fancy job in District 2 but what is that job? What happened to Annie now that Finnick is dead? What is the story behind Annie and Finnick? And Joanna and Finnick? Is Haymitch continued to be drunk? Is he dead in the Epilogue? What happened to the other Districts? And there are many more questions! TELL US SUZANNE COLLINS?! TELL US!!!

Again... my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment